Ah, moving season. Just hearing those words, you can practically feel the bubble wrap popping in your hands, hear the sound of packing tape being ripped off a box, and feel the rage of renting the dreaded moving truck. Yes, renting a moving truck is the worst, but maybe with gifs, it can become just a tiny bit better. Here are all those crazy moving truck moments, featuring your favorite gifs:
1. When you realize that you have too much stuff to just move in your car, and that you’re going to need to rent a moving truck.
2. Going to reserve the truck online, and seeing that the website is impossible to navigate, takes a full minute to load, and hasn’t been redesigned since 2003.
3. When you arrive to pick up your truck, and the cashier is “having trouble” finding your truck reservation…
4. And when they finally find your reservation, but they don’t have the right truck you reserved.
5. And then they tell you the only truck available is barely bigger than the one you wanted, but double the price.
6. When the rental company gives you a mountain of paperwork to sign, and you’re ready to sign away your firstborn child just to get out of there.
7. Trying to maneuver your giant truck on the road without hitting anything.
8. And looking back on your car as you leave, praying it will still be there when you return in a few hours.
9. When you finally get back to your place, and realize your building’s loading area isn’t big enough for the truck you rented.
10. Finally starting to pack the truck, and feeling exhausted after loading just two boxes.
11. The moment when you realize the furniture pads you paid extra for aren’t in the truck.
12. When you didn’t pack the truck correctly and not everything will fit now, so you need to start over.
13. Feeling joyful for a moment after you finish packing up the truck, but then realizing you have no idea where you left the keys.
14. Stopping short at a light, and hearing something fall in the back of the truck.
15. Inevitably finding that something broke while in transit.
16. Noticing the scratch on the side of the truck, and not being able to remember if it was there when you picked it up, or if it’s your fault.
17. Looking at the clock and seeing that the truck is due back in ten minutes!
18. Somehow getting the truck back with seconds to spare.
19. Realizing you never refilled the truck with gas…and that the rental company charges $6 per gallon.
20. When the clerk asks if you cleaned the back of the truck…and you assure them that absolutely you did, you would never leave a speck of dust in there!
21. Looking at your final bill for the rental.
22. When you finally get home, and then you remember that you still have to finish unpacking…
23. Hearing from your friend that Dolly could’ve moved your stuff in half the time without you needing to do any of the work.
We know how much you hate renting a moving truck and moving your stuff yourself. That’s why we created Dolly to make moving easy. Just book online or through the app, and we’ll connect you with local, background-checked pickup truck drivers who provide the truck and the muscle to make your move easy. Now your next move can look a lot less like this…
And look a lot more like this…
Book a Dolly to make your next move a breeze!
Miranda is the Marketing Coordinator at Dolly. She’s moved nine times in the past six years, and while she’s grateful for the moving expertise, she’s hoping she doesn’t need to move a tenth time anytime soon.