No matter how much you plan, moving always sucks in new and surprising ways you’d never dreamed possible. But moving fails are reserved for those special moments where a lack of planning, and an attempt to cut corners collide to offer something truly and memorably horrific. If this #movefail scenario sounds familiar, drop what you’re doing and give us a shout. Download the app, get a quick quote, pick your times, and chat directly with your Helpers before and during your move. All part of our focus on making moving suck less, each and every day.
1. Sure, my parents went on and on about having a plan for my move – but that’s totally overkill.
2. I’m not too worried about it, I mean – I could probably just do the move myself.
3. It’s not like I even have that much stuff – I can totally pack last minute!
4. Hiring a cleaner is way too expensive – and my place is in great shape.
5. Okay, if need be I can knock out a spot clean to get back my full deposit
6. Check the weather? Nah – I’ll just deal with whatever on the day of my move – it’s not like it matters all that much.
7. So, yeah, one of my buddies flaked out on me last minute…
8. Maybe I’ll hire movers just to drive the truck – but I’ll use the cheapest ones I can find. They’re just driving, right?
9. The real key to a quick move, is packing as much as possible in each and every box. Fewer trips, duh!
10. Not sure if I need to reserve a parking space in advance – but I’m sure we’ll figure it out…
11. I’m getting beer and pizza for friends who didn’t flake – but you’re on your own for drinks and snacks during the move.
12. I know my friends will give me honest advice on where to put the couch..
13. And, after we’re done, they’ll want to stick around and hang in my new place!
14. Okay, it didn’t go quite as planned. But at least I saved some money…right?
15. Yeah…no. Save yourself money and from moving moving fails. Next time – use Dolly.
Sonal is the Sr. Marketing Manager at Dolly. She loves storytelling and building great experiences for customers.